Google

Monday, April 28, 2008

My stalker skills need some work

I don't know how I missed it. Being Mo Willems unofficial Twin Cities pimp, you would think I would know when he is coming to town to make appearances at Wild Rumpus and The Red Balloon bookstores. I'm constantly extolling his books as the greatest children's books of our time on the web and on the playground and I check his blog and other websites on a semi-regular basis. So its pretty surprising that I didn't know about the visits until a mom in our ECFE class told us about it. I guess that's what I get for not signing up for the Red Balloon newsletter.

We've been meaning to check out Wild Rumpus for a long time now. This is definitely going to be the best reason to get over there that I'm going to find since I can't make the Red Balloon 7 pm appearance. With all the different animals running around, Wild Rumpus sounds like a blast. I'm a bit disappointed in myself for not taking Q there until now. But with the Red Balloon being a short walk from our house, its a little tough to justify loading up the car and driving across the river just to find another independent kids bookstore. For Mo though, we'll make the trip.

No comments: