Google

Friday, July 11, 2008

The Invisible Man

Crazy Old Lady At The Grocery Store: "I'm concerned about this baby being left unattended."

DK: "I think me standing right here next to him disqualifies him from being unattended."

COLATGS: "No. Where is his mother?"

Kids, there are times in life when lying is not only forgivable but necessary. Sometimes it's to save the feelings of those you love, an attempt to keep you out of a Turkish Prison, or in this case an attempt to make some old lady feel bad for saying something really fucking stupid and offensive.

DK: "She died about a month ago... But thanks for your concern."

3 comments:

Jen said...

Wow. That is crazy.
It made me think of an odd experience when E was about 7 months old - a woman approached me in the mall and asked "What country did you adopt your baby from?"

Amelia Sprout said...

Awesome. So very very awesome.

Vintage Tracy said...

Way to go! I can't imagine being that quick-witted. I always fail at that!