Google

Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Prodigal Son Returns

For the last few weeks I took a brake from blogging while I pondered whether I wanted to continue with it. My life and time on the internet seemed to be taking over more and more time that I should have been spending with the boys, K8, and my real life obligations. Then it turned out, during my little hiatus, I didn't actually get any more done. I just brooded and sulked instead of actively seeking out new adventures and discoveries for me to post about. So, I have returned... or the blog has returned... or, well, I'm not sure if the blog is my prodigal son or if I'm actually the one returning. Either way, here is a quick recap of what I didn't post over the last few weeks:

A good time was had at the lake. Q fell off the dock. K8, Grandpa Doug, and I went for an awesome helicopter ride.

From etc


Ozzi got a much needed haircut.

From etc


Q helped K8 and I celebrate 7 blissful years of marriage.

From etc


Q started preschool.

From etc


Ozzi continues the cycle of abuse at the hands of family furniture. Q still has a nice scar on his lip from his bout with the train table.

From etc


We discovered a farmer at the St. Paul Farmers Market with the best damn Honeycrisp Apples on the planet.

Siji Kids just launched their online store.

Pumpkin Girl's tiesie is featured on inhabitat.

Tiny Decor, a Minneapolis, child centered version of inhabitat, finally launched their online store.

Inhabitat launches Inhabitot, a New York version of Tiny Decor without the fantastic online store.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back! - K8

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back, too!

We love Whistling Well Orchard, either at the Market or at the actual orchard, and we love Hoch Orchard (from La Crescent), who has supplied Missippi Markets.

JN

Vintage Tracy said...

I'm so glad you stayed with it. I was just telling someone that blogging inspires me to live the live I want to write about. If I don't do anything worthwhile, I feel incented to get it together so I have something to say. I know, weird.

Hey, I honestly had no idea my stuff was featured on inhabitat, so thank you. Tiesie sales are on the rise! Yay!

P.S. I am taking you up on the kid modeling offer 10/18 if you and the family are free. I'll have other kids, grub (?) and free stuff to test out!