Google

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

CPSIA WTF

Looks like I need to eat my hat. Quite a while back I railed against the few politicians that voted against a bill meant to help prevent toys soaked in lead and arsenic from reaching our kids' mouths. Turns out the CPSIA went the way of so many bills passed this year. Good intentions paired with hysterical urgency created a bill that could kill the small independent toy manufacturers that have always been making safe toys and leave only the huge toy corporations that repeatedly put our kids at risk in business. The bill mandates testing that could cost toy makers up to $4000 PER TOY! So, take a minute out of your day and help vote for a change in the bill by clicking on the button below and/or write your politicians. I'll put the soapbox away as soon as I'm done eating.

No comments: