Google

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hero of The Week: Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf

Known as the Iron Lady, Liberia's President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf is the first woman democratically elected to such a high office in the continent of Africa.

I think the real key to her greatness in my eyes is that she appears so grandmotherly. She is wise, calm, and compassionate. She also has that brand of tough love, exclusive to grandmothers, that commands everyones respect. She is 100% genuine in her love for her people and her desire to make her nation, her continent, better for all within.

Click here for a video of her dealing with a mob of angry ex-soldiers. Make sure you watch it to the end.

P.S. I have no intention of doing any sort of lengthy bio on any of my Hero's of The Week. This is in part due to my laziness but more so that wikipedia does a much better job at it than I could.

No comments: