Google

Monday, August 4, 2008

Korte's, go for the bread, stay for the flashbacks

The boys and I took a quick walk to Korte's, the closest neighborhood grocery store, for the bread that K8 has repeatedly reminded me that I forgot to purchase on Friday. As I picked out one of the loafs Q hadn't already smooshed this song started to play over the PA. Instantly, my 80's geekery kicked in to inform a very unimpressed Q that the song playing was the theme from Short Circuit, an awesome movie about a robot. I have since been launched into a whirlwind of nostalgia and rediscovery.

I've always had a crush on Ally Sheedy but didn't see Breakfast Club or War Games until high school. Now I remember it was her role in Short Circuit that sparked the passion of a 12 year old version of me.

Short Circuit is probably part of the reason why I proclaim Wall-E to be one of the best films ever made. Top 20 at least. Wall-E looks like Number 5's love child from a drunken tryst with a trash compactor.

There is a fan site: Johnny-Five.com

Here's the original trailer.



And a picture of a promotion for a contest that I would have killed to win... still would.



And a What Would Johnny 5 Do tshirt.

No comments: