Google

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hero of The Week: Hans Rosling

I've been thinking for a while now that I should start a regular themed post. I've also thought, since before Q was born, that good role models in todays media are hard to find. Mainstream American society seems to present our children with pro-athletes and celebrities as the only options for our children to look up to. Not that all celebs and athletes are bad. An authentic Alan Page jersey is still on my wish list. In fact the Honorable Judge Page will most likely make this list in the future. Today, however, I'd like to highlight maybe a less obvious choice, Hans Rosling.

Not that discovering a new famine related paralytic disease in Africa isn't enough but what most impressed me about Hans is his new way of looking at world statistics with the software he developed. Better than me trying to explain it all, I'll just let Hans do it himself.



No comments: